Refund Policy: A RECEIPT IS REQUIRED FOR ALL RETURNS!
- Textbooks can only be returned the first two weeks of the semester for a refund
- Textbooks purchased after the first two weeks of the semester can be returned within business days of purchase
- If the class is an intrerim class (starts outside the normal start of the semester), textbooks can be returned until the first day of class
- Textbooks that are shrink-wrapped cannot be returned if opened.
- Access codes may be returned if unopened at the discretion of staff.
- New books must be in new condition. This means no markings inside or outside the book and the book cannot be damaged in any way
- Any material that came with the book must be upopened and accompany the book when returned
- The Bookstore staff have the right to reduce or deny any refund based on the condition of the book.
Clothing, Reference Materials and Supplies
- Unworn clothing can be exchanged or refunded for 30 days
- Reference materials can be exchanged or refunded within 5 business days of purchase
- Supplies can be exchanged or refunded within 5 business days of purchase
- Program clothing is custom ordered and can not be exchanged or refunded.
- Refunds for items purchased on a credit/debit card will be refunded to the card it was charged against. Please have card available for refunding purposes
- Non-credit card refunds over the amount of $50.00 will be issued as a refund check. If the purchase was paid via check, the Bookstore reserves the right to hold the refund ten business days until the original check has cleared the bank
- Refunds for students funded by a third party will be credited back to the third party and not the student
- Financial aid refunds will be credited back to the student's account. After financial aid checks have been distributed, the Business Office will issue a refund check when appropriate
Please contace the Nicolet Bookstore with any questions.
• I understand that the textbook(s) rented to me is (are) the property of the Nicolet College Bookstore and in accepting the terms of this textbook rental program, I accept the responsibility to use the textbook and return it to the bookstore is resalable condition. No moisture or water damage is allowed.
• I understand that at the end of the current semester, it is my responsibility to return the textbook(s) rented under this program to the bookstore. If the textbook(s) are not returned, as specified in this rental agreement, my card will be charged the replacement value of the textbooks plus a $25 penalty. If the credit card transaction is not approved, charges will be applied to my student account and a hold will be placed.
• I understand that if the card used to secure my textbook rental(s) is canceled or changed in any way, I will contact the bookstore immediately.
• I understand that rental textbooks are due in the bookstore by 4:00 pm, May 17, 2019 (for spring 2019).
Checking out an Electronic Device:
You will be asked to show ID.
If you do not have an updated agreement on file, a new one must be signed.
Checking in an Electronic Device:
Verify you are returning all contents of the bag/package (i.e. charger, mouse, etc.)
Start and login into the computer. This ensures the device is working properly and allows staff to check the battery level before shelving.
A computer must be brought back clean and with at least 80% charge on the battery.
Renewing an Electronic Device:
If we have more devices available to loan, the device may be renewed for an additional loan period. If we do not have any additional devices for loan, the device must be returned at time of check in. The student can then put their name on a waiting list for the next available device.
Lost, Damaged, and Non-Returned Items:
An item is considered damaged when:
- The borrower informs the college that the item is damaged
- Water damage and/or mold is present
- Biohazard contamination (blood, urine, feces, vomit, etc.) is present
- Un-mitigatable smell (such as cat urine, skunk spray, mildew, etc.) is present
- Item is missing parts or parts are damaged
- Any other damage is present that causes item to be too fragile or hazardous to circulate
An item is considered non-returned when:
- It is 20 days past the due date
- If you withdraw or drop from your courses and do not return the checked out materials within a timely manor.
The replacement charge for a non-returned item is based on the following fee schedule, plus accrued fines. Billing will occur after notice of relevant issue.
- Electronics: Replacement cost ($50-250) + $5 processing fee
- Laptops: Replacement cost ($885) + $20 processing fee
- Laptop Case: ($15) + $5 processing fee
- Laptop charging cord and/or charging brick: ($70) + $5 processing fee
- Surface Pro: Replacement cost ($850) + $20 processing fee
- Computer Mouse: ($14) + $5 processing fee
- Assistive Listening Device: Replacement cost ($850) + $20 Processing fee
- Assistive Listening Device Neck Loop: Replacement Cost ($100) + $5 Processing Fee
- Assistive Listening Device Ear Buds: Replacement cost ($25) + $5 Processing Fee
- iPad: Replacement Cost ($500) + $20 Processing Fee
- Chargers: Replacement cost ($15-25) + $5 processing fee
If an electronic device is returned damaged or is lost, a hold will be placed on the students account until the matter is resolved.
Fines must be paid prior to checking out another device or renewing a device.
Fines can also be paid for with food. Value is at the discretion of staff.
Fines are $10.00/day for laptops & assistive listening devices and $5/day for all other electronics unless otherwise noted.
- Availability/Use of Electronic Devices: The College has a limited number of electronic devices for loan. One of each type of device per patron may be checked out from the College on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Loan Periods. Subject to availability, each qualified patron is allowed to check out one of each type of device per loan period. Electronic device loans are renewable at the discretion of the College staff and may be denied based on factors including availability.
- Return. The device and accessories must be returned personally before the end of business on the date it is due. Do not use the outdoor/indoor drop boxes. If you are uncertain as to when your device needs to be returned, it is your responsibility to contact the College to find out at (715)-365-4443. Laptops should be brought back fully charged.
- Fines. Overdue Laptops, Surface Pros, & Assistive Listening Devices: $10.00/day; All other Overdue Electronic Devices: $5.00/day unless otherwise noted. Unpaid fines may result on a hold on student records.
- Failure to Return the Device: If a device is not returned to the College within twenty business days after the due date, the records will be sent to the Business Office to begin the College collection process. The college collection process will include the replacement cost of the device, overdue fines, and a processing fee. Please see staff for current replacement costs.
- Damage to a Device: If the device or accessories provided (i.e. laptop case, mouse, headphones, etc.) are damaged while in your possession or not returned, you will be charged for the cost of repairs, replacement parts, and/or replacement of the device or accessory. Repair and replacement charges for damages to a device will be the actual cost of labor, parts, or full replacement cost of the item.
- Electronic device use under this Program is subject to all relevant College policies including, but not limited to: the College’s Computer Use Policy which incorporates US Copyright Law, the Student E-mail Policy and the College’s Code of Conduct Policy. The College’s Computer Use Policy and US Copyright Law expressly forbid the unauthorized sharing, copying, or duplication of the software on College computers. You are responsible for any violation of the College’s Policies and/or US Copyright Law.
- Electronic Devices are intended for legal uses only; you are responsible for any illegal activity committed, and any harm or injury caused while using this laptop.
- You are responsible for the electronic device, its software, and accompanying accessories that you check out. Never leave the device unattended. Never give, lend, lease or otherwise provide the device or its software to anyone else.
- If you withdraw or drop from your courses, you must coordinate the return of any checked out devices within a timely manner or it may be considered nonreturned and sent to the business office to begin the collection process.
- You are responsible for saving your own work. Files should not be stored on the hard drive of a laptop. All files stored on the hard drive are removed automatically when the laptop is powered off or restarted. We recommend you save your work by e-mailing it as an attachment to yourself, saving it to a USB drive, or saving it to cloud storage (i.e. Google docs). Nicolet College accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged files or for any files that may remain on the device after use.
- Questions concerning the Nicolet College Electronic Device Lending Policy may be directed to appropriate staff at (715) 365-4443.